11/23/2021: "Building Consentful Tech," written by Una Lee, Tawana Petty, Dann Toliver, Boaz Sender, and I (lead author: Una Lee) has been accepted to be included in the book Feminist Designer, edited by Ali Place (MIT Press 2023).
10/04/2021: I passed both Information and CSE prelim exams! Huge thanks to my committee (Florian Schaub, Nikola Banovic, Tawanna Dillahunt, and Mark Ackerman), family, friends, peers, and mentors.❤️
09/01/2021: Felt.coop built a fun and interactive onboarding system demo based on my work on principles of affirmative consent!
- 07/23/2021: I'm invited to give a DUB Shorts talk on 8/11 about my recent CHI 2021 paper on social systems grounded in affirmative consent.
- 06/04/2021: I wrapped up my first week at Facebook as a UX Researcher Intern.
- 05/14/2021: Weikun Lyu, an undergraduate student who I mentored, won the Blue Ribbon Certificate for his presentation on consentful messaging system during UROP’s Virtual Research Symposium! Huge congrats!😊🎉
- 04/05/2021: With my wonderful colleagues, Heeryung Choi, Cindy Lin, and Yixin Zou, I wrote a Michigan Daily op-ed regarding anti-Asian racism in the U.S. (and academia).
- 03/14/2021: Our CHI 2021 paper on reimagining social platforms using the concept of affirmative consent received Best Paper Honorable Mention!
- 01/22/2021: Gave a seminar talk at Seoul National University "Reimagining and building social platforms grounded in consent," hosted by Professor Hwajung Hong. :)
- 12/12/2020: Our paper on understanding and reimagining social platforms using a feminist theory of affirmative consent got accepted to CHI 2021! So excited! 😄
- 12/11/2020: I have been accepted to UMich's CSE department. I will be combining Information and Computer Science & Engineering for my PhD.
- 11/02/2020: I will be working as a research intern at Facebook next summer!
- 10/22/2020: Gave a guest lecture in CS 598 (CS course at UIUC) about building social platforms grounded on consent. It was super fun! :)
- 07/10/2020: Our WebSci 2020 paper on identifying Russian trolls on Twitter won the Best Paper Runner Up Award!
- 06/01/2020: Safely submitted a full paper to CSCW 2020 and started my internship with Dr. Jill Dimond at Sassafras Tech Collective!
- 05/01/2020: I wrote a blog post about our recent CHI 2020 paper which was also featured in The Startup.
- 04/18/2020: My Airbnb research internship is deferred due to COVID-19. :[ If there's any exciting intern opportunities, please send them my way!
- 04/10/2020: Our paper on detecting Russian trolls on Twitter got accepted to WebSci 2020. Shoutout to my wonderful collaborators! :-)
- 04/04/2020: I'll start my research internship at Airbnb in May.
- 02/28/2020: Our position paper "Building Social Platforms around Affirmative Consent" got accepted to CHI 2020 workshop Moving Forward Together: Effective Activism For Change.
- 01/24/2020: I passed the pre-candidacy milestone.
- 12/09/2019: Our paper on synthesized social signals (S3s) got conditionally accepted to CHI 2020. Huge thanks to my collaborators!
- 11/13/2019: Accepted a research position intership offer! Super excited for next summer. :-)
- 11/09/2019: SVed for the first time at CSCW 2019 :) My paper got rejected so I didn't present anything, but still had fun talking about research!
- 03/01/2019: My position paper got accepted to CHI 2019 workshop "Sensitive Research, Practice and Design in HCI".
- 11/07/2018: Motherboard covered our work on Wikipedia's Request for Comments.
- 11/07/2018: Attended and gave my first talk at CSCW! Slides are here.
- 11/02/2018: Check out our blog post on catching Russian Trolls using machine learning.
- 09/19/2018: I gave my first research talk at Wikimedia Research Showcase.
- 08/09/2018: Our paper on improving dispute resolution on Wikipedia's Requests for Comment got accepted to CSCW 2018.
- 04/02/2018: Decide to pursue my Ph.D. at University of Michigan, School of Information!
- 02/19/2018: Got accepted to University of Washington HCDE, University of Michigan SI, & University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign CS PhD programs.
This site is made by Jane Im, code here. Last updated 11/24/2021